What do you get when you mix a talented bunch of analytics specialists, content producers, video editors, IT troubleshooters, customer support managers, marketing professionals and career counsellors? We guess something that looks like what we have at Jigsaw Academy!
We're a fun, young, dynamic and tightly-knit team committed to delivering the best possible learning experience in analytics for students and professionals around the world. We also pride ourselves on our unique workplace culture that encourages out-of-the-box thinking, innovation, individualism and a healthy dose of good old-fashioned fun!
If you’d like to be a part of the Jigsaw team, browse the open positions below and write to us. Even if your profile does not fit the roles mentioned below, we would still love to hear from you!
If you are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about your work, and your expertise can help us make an impact in the e-learning sector, write to us at email@example.com
Data can look slick, and the environments and communication around it should too. You will work on refining the interface and giving it the right amount of functional and visual delight. But you don’t have to work only with forms and buttons all day, you will also be working on the branding and marketing visual language of the product. If you have a sense for aesthetics that is future forward and have the ability to appropriate according to a strategic brief, then this is the right place for you.
- Create hi-fidelity interface designs in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to convert your design into HTML, CSS is a plus
- Create stunning and restrained graphics for posters and websites
Part Time/Full time in Bangalore
Minimum 3 years of experience
LEAD PRODUCT DESIGN
How can we work with data in an intelligent manner cutting across all the buzzwords and leverage it to create real value and insight? At Jigsaw we are constantly working on this while training individuals and organisations, enabling them to derive real value from a data-driven culture.
Jigsaw is currently creating digital products, innovating on its educational media and refining its brand communication to speak with the right audience. We are setting up an internal design lab/studio that could direct these efforts in a cohesive and strategic method.
We are looking for a senior design generalist, with experience in UX, design research and strategy, basic programming and branding.
To lead, maintain and improve the learning platforms/products that Jigsaw is currently creating.
- Create quick wireframes and prototypes
- Ability to create actionable insights looking at user patterns
- Communicate with design and development teams and external vendors
- Understanding of AGILE and SCRUM process is a definite plus
- Project management skills
- Create and maintain user journey maps for different products and processes
- Facilitate conversations around product requirements
- Sensitivity towards product positioning
Full time position in Bangalore
5+ years of varied experience
Engineering degree or Post Graduate Degree
Faculty – Big Data & Hadoop
Jigsaw Academy is looking for experienced Big Data/Hadoop professionals to join as FULL-TIME FACULTY for providing training on big data analytics.
- Industry Interface - Work closely with industry experts to develop new courses around big data applications in analytics
- Provide additional support as and when required for all Jigsaw students
- Work closely with student support and operation teams in planning and executing a course. Evaluate new faculty for both teaching aptitude and content development
- Course Co-ordination - Be responsible for big data course in terms of content development and day-to-day operations
- Work closely with other faculty and industry experts to develop question banks and case studies for use in teaching and assessments
- Continuously improve on teaching methodology to suit online model to lead to high student satisfaction
- Manage Jigsaw online and offline evaluations and assignments
- Teaching - Teach multiple classes for Jigsaw related to big data courses
- Continuously identify improvement areas and update existing content based on student feedback. Work closely with content editing team to provide input into content effectiveness
- Evaluate and project manage content developed by other faculty, full time or part time, and content developers used by Jigsaw, that are based in India and globally
- Be Jigsaw’s SME on all big data/Hadoop related content and topics on business use cases, technologies and applications
- Content Development and Management - Identify and develop new content across big data technologies related to data analysis and analytics
- Contribute articles to Jigsaw’s blog as well as other big data blogs/websites related to our course offerings
- Take up industry workshops and corporate trainings on existing and new big data trends and technologies
Engineering degree or post graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum 1 year of Big Data experience with a total of 3 to 7 years of experience
Experience with data mining and statistical packages will be a plus. Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Tableau) will be a plus
Prior teaching experience is desirable, but not necessary
Very strong oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for teaching
Working knowledge of statistical tools such as R, SAS, etc., will be a plus
Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux). Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS EC2) is needed
Should be comfortable working with large data sets and distributed computing frameworks. Hands-on experience working with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume). Knowledge about Hadoop Distributions like Cloudera or HortonWorks is required
Looking for a different position?
If your profile doesn’t match any of the above mentioned roles and you still believe you’ll be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you.